How to use my Sony Xperia XZ1 as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can use your Sony Xperia XZ1 as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. This lets you share your phoneʼs Internet connection with other devices via Wi-Fi.
Please note: When other devices use your Wi-Fi hotspot, they use data from your mobile service. Charges may apply.
- 1. Touch Apps.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Network & Internet.
- 4. Touch Hotspot & tethering.
- 5. Touch Portable hotspot settings.
- 6. Touch Configure hotspot.
- 7. Touch Network name.
- 8. To change the network name, delete the existing name and enter a new one.
- 9. Touch the Next icon.
- 10. To change the network password, delete the existing password and enter a new one.
- 11. Touch SAVE.
- 12. To turn on the mobile hotspot, touch the Portable hotspot slider.
- 13. The mobile hotspot is now active. Other devices can connect to it using the network name (step 7) and password (step 9).