How to set up a new ZTE Axon 7 Mini using the setup wizard
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- When you use your ZTE Axon 7 Mini for the first time, it will take you through a setup wizard and help you set up some key features. For example, you can enable the Device Protection feature by adding a Google account and setting a screen lock.
Device Protection helps to protect your phone from being used if it's lost or stolen. Even if your ZTE Axon 7 Mini is erased, your Google account password will be required before anyone can use it.
Please note: The steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the ZTE Axon 7 Mini to complete the setup wizard.
- 1. Touch the v icon.
- 2. Touch the desired language.
- 3. Touch the Wi-Fi network to connect to.
- 4. Enter the Wi-Fi network password. Touch CONNECT.
- 5. Touch NEXT.
- 6. Touch No thanks.
- 7. Touch NEXT.
- 8. Sign in to your Google account or create a new one. To sign in, enter your Google account email address and touch NEXT.
Note: A Google account is needed to take advantage of Android features such as Device Protection, Gmail, Google Hangouts and Google Play Store.
- 9. Enter the Google account password.
- 10. Touch NEXT.
- 11. Touch ACCEPT.
- 12. Review and select/deselect Google services. Touch v to scroll down.
- 13. Touch v to scroll down.
- 14. Touch NEXT.
- 15. Touch the desired option (e.g., No, thanks) and then touch CONTINUE.
- 16. Touch Not now and then touch NEXT.
- 17. Select Set up PIN, pattern or password to set a screen lock and enable Device Protection (or select No, thanks to skip this step). Touch NEXT.
- 18. Touch the type of screen lock you want to use. In this example, a PIN will be used.
- 19. Touch Restore from this backup to select a previous device to restore from, otherwise touch NEXT to set up as a new device.
- 20. Enter your desired PIN and touch Next.
- 21. Re-enter your PIN to confirm it and then touch the > icon.
- 22. Touch the desired option (e.g., Hide sensitive notification content) and then touch NEXT.
- 23. Touch Donʼt restore.
- 24. Touch NEXT.
- 25. Touch GOT IT to complete the setup process.